Thursday, August 18, 2011

Double Birthdays

 Yesterday was Anthony's 5th birthday. His teacher gave him a crown, lit 5 candles on her fake cake box, and let the kids sing him Happy Birthday!
 They cut out the lights to let him make his wish and blow the candles out. He was so excited and happy.
 Mrs. Acord is always so happy and bubbly. She was just as excited as Anthony was about his birthday.
 Gabriella and I brought his class some treats. As the kids came up one by one Anthony got to hand them either a cookie or a cupcake. He felt so special. His only request was that they be Iron Man cupcakes, and so they were.
 When we got home he was surprised by his gifts. I opted for not throwing them a party. I figured as much time and money that you spend on throwing parties the gifts end up being pretty lame that you get. I wanted to save my time and efforts. Instead of putting money towards a party. I got them really good presents that I knew they would enjoy and could use a lot. Anthony got a big Iron Man Helmet.
 Gabriella's 3rd Birthday was on the 13th. Yes just 4 days apart from Antony. So she got included on this too. She got 6 packs of Squinkes and Poly Pocket.
 The really BIG present was their new Wii, Mario Cart.
Ever since I have opened the box this is all I have seen. The back of Anthony's head zoned in on his game.

I love not throwing a party. It was so much less stressful. No planning, No preparing, No wild bunch of kids running around screaming, No mess, No clean up. Just happy kids enjoying their awesome presents. I love it. I'm doing this every time, or at least until my kids get older and actually request a party.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that's so cool, I wish I was there to share in the fun. Happy birthday buddy, and you too Goober. I love you both and hope you enjoy your presents. T\You are the best kids (along with Isabel) that a father could have and the best wife and mother that I know. I miss you and will see you soon.

-Dad

Leigh This Way said...

Hahaha! I love Anthony's face with his present! Soo cute!

Marina said...

I'm glad he's got a good teacher. It makes all the difference in the world.

Rebekah Del Priore said...

Talk about goiong ALL OUT!!!!