Saturday, February 27, 2010

Las Vegas...Day 4 (Baptism, Luxor, Excalibur & NY NY)

Day 4 happened to be a very SPECIAL day. Brandon got to baptize his girlfriend, Carly. They have been dating now for over a year and she has finally accepted the gospel. I am glad that I got to witness my nephew baptize his first convert. I can already tell he is going to be a great missionary. I am also glad I got to meet Carly. She is kind, loving, caring and...awesome! She would fit into our family well. Congratulations Carly! Carly's Mom wanted everybody to go out to eat afterwards to celebrate. I'm glad to see her mom is warming up to the LDS religion, because at first when she found out about Carly's decision she kicked her out the house. Poor Carly. We are PROUD of you...and your Heavenly Father is too.
This is the family that I have been staying with for the past week. Thank You Wolfe Pack!
Side Note: Everybody talks about how little I am. Well, look at my sister. She has 5 kids and is half my size. Now that is skinny! This was us reenacting our Hoover Dam experience. Remember Marina about punched me because she is a scardy cat.
Finally, it was time to say good-bye to Rocco and Angel. As Marina was driving them to the Airport she backs up into a pole. What a dummy!
Since, we were already close to strip we decided to check out some more Casinos. First, was the Luxor. It was shaped like a pyramid. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the outside. It was really cool. Anyways, it was decorated like Egypt with all types of Pharaohs, Sphinx & hieroglyphics.
Frankie started digging through his pockets and found some 3D glasses. I'm such a dork

I was trying to get a peep show, but I guess the formaldehyde already got to it.
Since the Excalibur was close. We walked to that one next. This one was a shocker to me. As we walked in the Casino they had stripper girls on top of the gambling tables. I was like WHOA! Where did they come from? After 10:00pm the girls come and dance to entertain the gamblers. I was SHOCKED! They aren't real strippers, but they wear very skimpy lingerie. Just stuff to cover the basics so they don't get in trouble. Vegas, really is SIN CITY!

Next door was NY NY. I wish I could of got a front view of the statue, but I would have been in the middle of the street then.
The view of the strip form up on NY NY
Inside was decorated just like you would be walking downtown in NY. Kind of run down, with houses side by side, and people eating out on the streets
Can you notice the roller coaster above us. It is hard to see, but yes this hotel had a freaking roller coaster that went through it. CrAzY!They even had the ladders that go down the backside of the houses. They really pay attention to details. I was feeling sick all day that day. Everybody actually went to Red Rock after the baptism, but I stayed home and slept. I was bummed I missed out, but I really couldn't move. I'm glad that the next day was Sunday....Day of Rest!!! That is exactly what I needed. REST! Later on Frankie and Gabriel got sick too. They actually ended up throwing up. I'm glad I never did. Although maybe if I did I would have felt better sooner.

4 comments:

Julianne said...

Wow Lizann! Looks like Anthony can be jealous of all the traveling and fun you are having too! I laughed when you called your sister a dummy for hitting that pole. :) Sisters are the best.

Laci said...

I have loved reading all about your adventures there in Vegas! I'm so jealous! haha I'm glad you had such a great time.

anthony v said...

whatever, I travel more than her, I fly like 6 time zones everyother day. lol.

Marina said...

Yeah, Anthony, but do you get to get out and enjoy yourself???? Uh, huh...I didn't think so!!!! ;)