We started the day off by meeting up with one of my friends, Jessie Smith, from Del Rio. She is stationed in Vegas and come to find out she only lives 5 min away from my sister. COOL! This was a perfect opportunity to see her again. Jessie suggested that we eat breakfast at a little restaurant called Mimi's Cafe. Glad she did. It was really good. It was nice catching up with her. She is pregnant with her 4th girl. Poor Lance, I would hate to be in that house when it comes to teenage years. Good Luck with that one Smith family.

Right after that we took a tour of the Hoover Dam. Here I am in one of the original water bypasses that they had to build to navigate the water away from the dam so they could start construction. It is still being used and you could feel the floor move with how much force was flooding through the pipes. Coming from somebody who is claustrophobic, it was kind of scary. You are under ground. I don't know how many feet? But your way down, and here you are in a tunnel with tons of water rushing under your feet and no where to go. If there was a tiny a crack I would be dead right now. Whew, I was glad to get out of there quick.

Me and Angel walking through some more tunnels. Whoa, look at my face. You can start to tell the lack of sleep is catching up with me. Too many long days and wild nights.

This is the room where they make the electricity. I don't remember what those big things were called. The lady talked so much and so fast I didn't understand anything she was saying. She used way to many big words for my little brain. All I could comprehend was the water spins around in these big machines and VOILA! Electricity. Each machine supplies electricity to one state. The first one was Nevada. I think there were 7 of them. (California, Arizona, Utah, etc) Thats a lot of electricity.

When the tour was done they spit you out into a display room. Kind of like a mini museum. They had these wheels you had to turn to make electricity and then tap the screen to start turning lights and appliances on. Depending on how fast you spun your wheel, was how much stuff you got to turn on in your room. Here is me and Marina racing.

The tour was pretty lame. We started to get bored so we had to liven things up. As we were headed down the elevator the tour guide goes hold on. Angel decided to reach over and grab Marina's boob. The tour guide didn't know what to do. Her mouth dropped and was like "Did you just grab her boob?" Angel and Marina said, "Yep, she sure did!" Everybody started laughing. I don't know why Angel grabbed Marina's boob, there isn't anything there to grab on too. Angel would have been in trouble if something would have really happened. Anyways, Marina was feeling left out so she gave the manikin a titty twister. As we looked around pretty soon we were the only ones in the museum. What? Were we the only ones that actually looked at this stuff. Oh no, we were the ones that were having fun. The tour lady comes back to us and tells us that she appreciated us. We made her day and made her job more interesting. She said its not very often you get a crowd like us...You better believe that! Would you expect anything less from us? Come on, you know how we roll. We are the life of the party

Finally we walk outside to see the dam


Angel and Marina were such pansies. Both of them are afraid of heights and would not go near the edge. They finally eased their way over with their hands and feet tingling. Pathetic. But I am glad to see that Angel grabbed on to something more sturdy than Marina's you know what.

Here is the new bridge that they are building to bypass the bridge. That way if terrorists come and bomb the dam it won't kill tons of people. Thanks Marina for putting on your brave shoes and coming to the edge to take a picture with me. Side note: Marina almost punched me while taking this picture. I went to go put my purse down and she thought I was going to push her. You should of saw the look on her face. Hahahha

Don't fall

Can you see me and Angel? I circled us so you could see where we were. We are tiny ants compared to the dam. That is a long ways down

Here is the other side of the dam. You can tell how much of a drought they have been going through. Where you see the white on the rocks, that is how low the water is.
I have to say it is remarkable how they were able to build this massive structure. It seems like now they don't build things like that anymore. Even with all of our technology we don't build big mega structures. But yet, some how almost 100 years ago they were able to build something so magnificent with out all of our cool nifty new gadgets we have now. Its amazing.
3 comments:
We LOVE Mimi's we eat there all of the time b/c it's less than a minute from out house & it's GOOD
OMG...you had be busting out laughing thinking about our elevator ride! Life is so boring without us around!!!!
True that, we had a lot of girl time this trip. How does that keep happening?
Post a Comment