No, I didn't skip Day 5. It was Sunday so we sat around the house chilaxing, trying to get over our sickness. No pictures for that day. Aren't you happy? I am sure y'all are sick of pictures, but this is my last day of vacation. The Grand Finale. We had to save the best for last. After this I won't post for a while. Or at least with pictures.
We started our day off with a flight to the Grand Canyon. Marina had a friend in her ward that owned a plane. Early that year they had a fundraiser auction at church and she had bid on a plane ride that this guy offered. She WON! And we were cashing in the rewards. It was a LOT of fun.
Me and the pilot. I think his name was Bro. Spa? He had a sweet plane called The Diamond Star. Anthony has always said he wants to get a plane. I just roll my eyes at him. But after seeing and flying in this plane I can't wait to get a plane of our own. Lets make sure it is The Diamond Star.
His plane even opened up like a fighter jet. So cool!
Me laughing...of course
Marina being Vanna White
Carly....crashing
Carly and Marina's first time in a small aircraft. They are ExCiTeD!
Hey, doesn't this look familiar? Thats right, the Hoover Dam and the new bridge, but this time from a Bird's Eye view.

With Bro. Spa being a friend of Marina's he did things with us that you normally wouldn't get with a regular tour guide. As we were flying over Lake Meed he went in between these mountains that were so close together that he had to turn the plane on its side so his wings wouldn't hit. When the mountain curved he had to turn and flip his plane on the other side. Oh and did I mention we were very close to the water. Supposivly the closer you are to the ground the harder it is to fly, and here he is almost touching the water and zig zagging between mountains. I ain't going to lie....it was dangerous and FUN. I liked it. I can see why guys want to be fighter pilots. Then as soon as we exited the mountain he pulls us up straight in the air making us pull positive G's. Then he jerked the nose down and made it to wear we came out of our seats and were floating for a little bit. Its called a negative Gs. All us girls started freaking out and screaming. He just laughed at us. Fun! Fun! Fun! It was just like being on a roller coaster.
Next up...The Grand Canyon. You can see the Colorado River flowing through it.
Yeah, its massive

Bro. Spa let me take over the plane and fly some myself. I didn't do too good
As you can see the mountain is totally flat on top. Well, we would be flying on top of it and then as soon as we would get to the edge he would jerk the plane on its side real fast and let us see straight down like we were falling into the G. C. Having the whole top of your plane a big clear bubble makes you get the full effects of everything. I ain't going to lie...it was pretty scary. (This was the part where Marina started to get sick)
Then he took us down into the massive crack. Its a whole 'nother perspective from inside the place
Ok, Marina tried to hold it back as much as she could, but as soon as we were about to land she barfs all over the place. Ok, so there wasn't chunks flying, but she did puke all in Frankie's jacket. As soon as I saw her throwing up I quickly grabbed the camera to take a picture. I'm such a good sister! hehehe. Seriously though, What is up with my sister? First it started with the Hoover Dam with her being afraid of heights, then she backs up into a pole with her car, and now she throws up in the plane....gosh...she really is the biggest wuss. Bro. Spa don't worry about my sister. You were the best tour guide ever.
Right after the plane ride Marina scheduled us for a spa visit. We had hour massages awaiting our arrival. They had us both set up in the same room like we were a couple. Mmmmm peaceful. It was a nice way to end a CrAzY week.
We headed back to the house to pack my bags and say my Good-Byes. First Kela
Then Noah. I was giving him a head lock for constantly harassing me to play the Wii
He was excited to get a reverse on me. I can already tell he is going to be a good wrestler. It runs in the family
We are all sad I have to leave
But wait...we have to get one last crazy shot in there.
Pop harassed us the whole time about going to Fremont St. He would call every day. "You been to Fremont St. yet?" Obviously this is my dad's favorite place in Vegas. It is the original Vegas strip back when Elvis and all them were alive. Now that Vegas has grown they moved the strip to a bigger place to build bigger better casinos. Well, they closed off all the perpendicular streets to Fremont and put a dome over the top of the whole street so everybody can just walk freely everywhere. All of these pictures are for Pop. I have proof that I finally made it to Fremont St.
We headed back to the house to pack my bags and say my Good-Byes. First KelaThe famous 4 Queens
Some show girls
The dome I was telling you about that covers the whole street. Well, it is one HUGE screen. Every hour on the hour they have a light show. Its a quick 5 minute video that is different every time. We got to see 2 while we were there. One was an alien invasion, and the other was to an oldie song. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was a good popular one from back in the day.
I got to meet Elvis and Austin Powers. Now I know why Pop likes this place. They have cheap food ($2 shrimp cocktail, $5 prime rib & a $1 chocolate covered frozen bananas) and Elvis. What more could an old man ask for? Cheap food, Elvis, live bands, light shows, and show girls!
On the weekends this place is like Mardigras. Live bands playing in the street, people flashing boobies and throwing beads everywhere. I'm glad we went on a Monday and not the weekend, but I did find me some big beads. I wonder what all you have to flash to get these?
My plane didn't leave out until midnight so we were still trying to bide the time away. Frankie drove me to 3 more casinos. We didn't have too much time so we just drove to the ones that were about to put on a show. The Belagio to see one last water show. The Treasure, which their show was about pirates. One ship was all boys and one was all girls. The boats actually sailed across the water and of course the girls won the battle by sinking the guys boat. Thats right, Girls Rule! The last casino I don't remember its name, but it had a volcano that exploded. We were so close you could feel the heat off of the fire. It was burning my face. I wish I had some marshmallows to roast. All of the mini shows were WAY cool. Its amazing how much money the casinos poor into their attractions to lore you into their place. Everybody trying to out do the other.
My journey has finally come to an end. I tried to spare you as much as I could with the photos. We had originally taken over 1,000 pictures, but some how I condensed it down to 175. Thats only 17% of my adventures. I am glad I was able to spend some time with my family, but now it is time to get back to my own personal family. Wait! I have kids? I forgot. Crap, I guess it is time to snap back to reality. It was nice being kid FREE for a week. Thank you Pop & Delia for watching the kids for me. I had a blast.
2 comments:
OMG!!! You are a hoot!!!! I need to just copy and paste your version onto my blog so I don't have to write myself. ;) I'm so glad you were able to come out and have fun with us. I miss you already!!!! I'm ready for the next visit! YOU'RE AWESOME and I LOVE YOU!!!!
I so would have been sick in that plane too! Was he TRYING to make you sick, oh my gosh!!! bleck!
Thanks for all your pictures, you didn't put enough, so I don't know what you're talking about!! I grew up in Vegas so I miss the Dam, and Lake Mead, you should see the nasty giant trout in Lake Mead...lol
The casino with a volcano is the Mirage......
Looks like you had a blast!!! So jealous! I need to take my hubby there, he's never been.....
Post a Comment