I meant to bear my testimony this past Sunday, but I ended up showing up late to church, and I never could get my mind right to go up on stage. So, I will tell y'all about my experience now. A couple of weeks ago my neighbor came over unexpectedly to ask me a question. As soon as I heard the door bell ring I was like "oh crap...my house is a TOTAL wreck! who could this be?" I was so embarrass at the way my house looked.
Why does it always seem that when your house is clean nobody wants to come over? It isn't until you decide to take a day off from your everyday chores to relax for somebody to come over to your house (with out warning)?
After my neighbor left all I could think about was why does everybody keep catching me with my guard down. Then after awhile I started thinking... You know it is just how Satan works. He never comes around when your doing everything you are suppose to be doing. He doesn't sneak in until we have let down our guard. Everybody always says Heavenly Father knows us. Which is true he does, but Satan knows us too. Better than we know our selves and he is just waiting patiently for that one split second that we think that we have been doing so good that we deserve to take a little break. That is when he knows he has a chance to knock us down.
I don't know why this revelation has not left my mind yet. It seems like I have thought about it everyday since it happened (which was over Thanksgiving break). I have come to realize that this was a warning sent from my Heavenly Father that I really need to step up my game. There is probably going to be some hard times coming a head and I need to prepare my self so I will be able to handle my trials coming up. There isn't time for me to procrastinate. The time to prepare is NOW! I will admit we have been slack. We haven't been reading our scriptures, saying prayers, or family home evening. But I will assure the tasks will be done from now on!
I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know that if I do my part and follow all the commandments he will be there to protect me. If I am serving my Lord diligently there is no room for Satan to enter my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are so wise. And as long as you heed those promptings and don't ignore them. The Lord will bless you with more guidance.
Lizzy, I'm glad you shared that. We all need constant reminders, and I'm grateful that you shared your insight with us. I need to get myself in gear too, making sure that I'm not letting my guard down. It's definitely true that Satan waits and waits and waits for us to give him leadway...he doesn't mind doing that...he'll even wait years on us...but when that window of opportunity appears as we get complacent, he pounces. Our guards ALWAYS have to be up. So true, girl..so true! ;)
Thanks! Great insight.
Thanks for sharing this part of your testimony with us. It's always so uplifting to hear the personal experiences of others.
I have a little something I want to mail you - can you e-mail me your mailing address? Thanks!!
mariemc01 (at) gmail (dot) com
This is a lesson that we've learned a lot about this year. Bad things kept happening and there were literally days when I would say "Heavenly Father, why do you keep giving us these trials. I can't take anymore!" I was cursing him for everything that was going on when I should have said, thank you for giving me this opportunity to learn. You're right that Satan knows us (he's our brother!)and he knows exactly what cracks are in our faith and how to turn those cracks into canyons! I hope that things don't get bad but its always better to be prepared.
I don't like my neighbor either!
Post a Comment