As I told y'all earlier our assignment to Kansas got canceled due to Lil. Anthony's health. Well, the other day the lady who is over all of the approving assignments emails us asking us where we would like to go and what we thought would be best for our son. Could it really be that easy? I was shocked to actually talk to the head person. Finally none of this ping ponging around through all of this other non-sense. We made it to the head honcho. After reading the email I called the Dr.'s who did Anthony's procedure and asked them what they thought. They said that Charleston, SC would be great b/c they had a great Children's Hospital there. Also they recommended Dover, DE and McGuire, NJ. I was so happy when I heard them say CHARLESTON! I emailed the lady back and told her what the dr. said. I was concerned though, because all of these places did not have Anthony's plane, the KC-135. All of these bases have C-17s. Obviously it wasn't a problem though, because her response was, "I have no problem diverting your husband to the C-17 for Charleston" What? I couldn't believe my eyes. Could this really be happening to us?
How can Anthony go from getting his last choice in planes and assignments and some how come out getting it changed to his 1st plane choice and base. We could not be more happy right now. I am jumping with joy and grinning from one ear to the next. Baby, I'm coming home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
That's fantastic!!!! Wish it was Dover, I guess they DO have a great children's hospital near here....AI Dupont, I guess.
OH MY GOSH!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!! That is SO AWESOME!!! I know you are going to be so happy to be back home. What a blessing, huh? I know it will probably only be for one assignment, but you never know. Our friends the Bailey's are C-17's and they get to be there for 6-8 so it can happen!! He's getting some sort of spec ops tour there after flying the "regular" missions. Anyway, CONGRATS to you guys, and we'll be visiting ;)
whoa. That is awesome.
yay! that is so awesome! i imagine Anthony is super happy about getting one of his top choices! Im really glad you guys are happy about your assignment! congratulations!
Incredible! I'm going to miss you fun upbeat personality!!! Great news for your family though!!
Love les
Oh my heck! I am so excited for you! I got the chills reading your blog entry! YEA!! I could not of gotten better news today....thanks for sharing! We are so thrilled for you guys. Please come visit us if your in San Antonio some time before you leave :)
Wow!!! Thats awesome! Congratulations you guys!!!
that's great! He won't be sorry and I'm SO glad you'll be so close to a great children's hospital. Is Anthony way excited about it?! That's great!!
Of course, I am estatic for you!!! The Lord always provides. We just have to be patient and wait for his timing. That is GREAT!
hooray! looks like the Lord is watching out for you guys! I'm so happy for you!
Woohoo! I couldn't believe my eyes when I was reading. I know Angel and Rocco will be so happy to have you close by. When are y'all coming?
So wonderful! You guys deserve a break! Hopefully we'll follow you out there!
Yay!!!!! I can come see you now!!! Oh my gosh! I am so excited! Ok, now I will stop being so self-involved, and say I am so happy for you two!!! I know your family is going to be so happy!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you Congrats I'm glad everything worked out. Larissa
YEAH!! Liz Ann, I just found your blog and the first thing I read is that you're going to be moving to Charleston!! AWESOME!! That's where we're at! It would be awesome if you'd be in our ward but if you'll be living on base then probably not but that's so awesome that y'all are moving down here!! MUSC's Childern's Hospital is WONDERFUL. I've never heard anything bad about it. CONGRATS!!
Post a Comment