2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 3 people and acknowledge who tagged you

The nearest book to me was "The Favorite Uncle Remus" by Joel Chandler Harris. This is a classic book that has been passed down from generation to generation in my family. It actually has really good stories in them. My favorite is "The Wonderful Tar-Baby". Well, Pg.123 happens to be in the middle of the story, "Brer Buzzard's Gold Mine" It might be hard to follow, because the dialect is very strong. I have only met one person in my entire life who was able to read this book the right way, and that would be my Great Aunt, Mamie. She could read it, because she grew up in the south when they actually talked like this. Its so funny. She was the best story teller EVER! She died I think like 5 years ago. Miss you Mamie.
Anyways, here it goes... see if you can follow along...
Den he up'n ax Brer Buzzard how he gwine do, en Brer Buzzard he up'n say dat he kyar Brer Rabbit 'cross, en wid dat ole Brer Buzzard, he squat down, he did, en spread his wings, en Brer Rabbit, he mounted, en up dey riz.
There was a pause.
What did the Buzzard do then? asked the little boy.
ha ha ha...and y'all thought that I talked bad
I want to think Nicia for tagging me. I have never been tagged before, so this was something new for me. I now tag Marina, Kris & Leslie. Have fun
6 comments:
Ahhhh! Good 'ole Uncle Remus. You know I actually have Mamie's book that she read from. Surprisingly, I do understand the dialect. It might be because Mamie read that to me soooo much. I LOVE it! Thanks for the memories.
Hmmmm, now I've been tagged...
Ohhhhh!!!!!
Squeal!!!! MMMMMM!!!!!!!! OOOOOwww!
I absolutely LOVE the music! I can't believe it! That is completely joyful!!!!!!
I thought putting the Uncle Remus theme song up fit the entry pretty good. Now every time I here it, it reminds me of Pop going around the house singing the song all the time. Trying to make is voice all deep
That is so true! I forgot about that.
Wow! I've even hear Pop singing that song. That must be his alltime favorite! I completed my tag. I think my Mom has that book too!
I love this book! haha thanks for reminding me about how fun it is. You have an Aunt Mamie?! I only first heard of this name when I met Mark and his family. He has a sister named Mamie. Cute name. :)(
Post a Comment