Monday, May 12, 2008

Dad's 26th Birthday


So today Dad turned 26 years old. Unfortunetly we didn't get to spend too much time with him, b/c he has 2 flights tomorrow, so he was up at the flight rooming doing all of his planning today. What a bummer. Well, our family isn't that big into birthdays or holidays, so we don't really do much anyways. Just the usually cake and ice ream. I did take the kids to the BX so we could get him a card, and I also came across that Lindt Chocolate again. I usually don't like chocolate, but I really like this kind. They had a new flavor, well, new to me at least. It was white coconut chocolate. I thought we would buy Dad some for his bday. Really I wanted to try it for myself. When Dad finally got home Isabel was so excited to give Dad his present. She had been singing Happy Birthday ALL day long! Isabel explained the picture she drew for Dad in his card. She said "I drew a picture of me and you together, but I had to draw a big circle for your head" We both started laughing. Kids do speak the truth, and we know Dad has a big head. As for the chocolate we all had a taste and I ended up liking it so much that I took the rest of the candy bar for myself. I told Dad I would have to buy him another one tomorrow. That was the best chocolate. It was soooo dang good. It is my new favorite thing. Remember Lindt White Coconut Chocolate. YUMMY!!! D-lish! We also had strawberry shortcake for the bday cake. As you can tell they tore into it pretty good. I didn't buy in candles so I just used an old one I had. It was a choice between a # 1,2 or 3 candle. I chose the 2 because at least his age started with a 2. Close enough right?

3 comments:

Marina said...

You greedy little pregnant lady-- Taking the bday boy's chocolate. They do say that choc is sinful, but come on!
Listen, you've got me curious about this Lindt stuff. Don't build me up and then let me down. I'll be trying it soon.
Also, your bday arrangements remind me of our childhood, doing everything redneck style.
It's funny. On Frankie's 16th bday I made him a pink cake with these assortment of candles that were horrendous. Nothing matched. But that's all I had around the house and we just ran with it. Boy, our Mom really warped our thinking. I know others are thinking we are traumatizing those around us.
Too funny!

Marie said...

Hmmm....very good idea. I think that Peter needs some of the Lindt Toffe Crunch one. It has an orange and white wrapper and in Del Rio it's only at the BX. I wonder where it is here at Altus...he REALLY needs it!!! ;) I'm not even pregnant! What excuse do I have? Anyway, I thought your post was cute, it made me laugh. Take care!

Jayci said...

That chocolate sounds interesting! Thanks for the head's up. :) Sounds like he had a great birthday!