
Last night we had our church camp out. It was originally planed to be at Garners State Park, but we ran into some complications and had to change our plans. We chose to hold the activity at the Air Force Marina instead. Since this isn't really a camping site we left it up to the people to decide if they wanted to stay over night, but we still had them come out for hamburgers, hot dogs & s'mores. I was surprised that a lot of people still showed up with the way the weather was yesterday. All week it had been in the 100*s, but yesterday there was a storm that came in, dropping it down to 65* with lots of wind and rain. That didn't stop us from having fun though. The kids were still running wild in the rain playing on the playground. Their clothes were soaking wet, but they didn't care. The adults just hung out under the shelter scruffing down all the yummy food they had. I think only 2 people decided to pitch their tents and stay the night, Br. Rogers and Pres. Lundberg. CraZy guys! Some people were going to come back in the morning to have breakfast and ride the boats out on the lake, but we're not because Dad has to study for his Nav Check Ride all weekend :-(

Here is a picture of Dad teaching Anthony how to spit watermelon seeds. They were actually spitting them at me...little punks.
8 comments:
Sometimes the worst weather makes the best times. Sounds like so much fun, we're sad we couldn't make it. PS I love the picture with your family and the plane. You guys look gorgeous.
Anthony's hair is getting so long!
At least they weren't swallowing the watermelons. I remember Papa scared me because he would say, "If you swallow those seeds, watermelons will grow in your stomach." LOL
Mary
Hey! We were trying hard to recruit the family to blog today. Spoke to Rebekah-she said she'd check it out. Called Alex-seems spectacle (right?)
luv ya
Hey Mary!
I'm glad everybody is getting a blog. Now we can team up on everybody who doesn't have one, and hopefully they will end up and get one too.
Mary...
I think Pop was right about the watermelon seeds, b/c I swallowed a lot of them and for the past 6 months my belly has been getting bigger.
It's amazing the skills that little boys learn from their daddys! I'm actually a little surprised that Lil' Ant could do it. He's come a long way.
I think we'll all give Alex a call. He needs some pressure. Emry is in charge for their family. She's promised to start theirs ASAP. This makes me so happy!
Well, Anthony actually couldn't do it that good. He kept spitting out the actual watermelon, not the seed.
Yes, it does seem like Alex needs some harassment.
So fun!! I miss that branch dreeeadfully. :) The activities were always so fun because of the people. love the watermelon spitting!! haha
Post a Comment