Thursday, January 3, 2008

Broken Finger



Well, well, well... the other day Anthony and Isabel were outside cleaning the Lexus, while Dad was cleaning the car out Isabel ran towards the road. That is when Dad looked at her and told her to stop and come back. As he was talking to her he shut the door at the same time, leaving his fingers in the door to get smooched. He went and got xrays today. The bone is completely in 2. The tip of his bone is just floating inside his finger. They said that if he would have shut his finger a 1/2" closer it would have been months of major surgery/recovery, b/c it would have chopped is tendon in half also, and they would of had to go in and sew everything back up. Good thing the Lord was looking out for him. Now he has to wear this brace for 3 weeks while his bone mends back together. He is also on DNIF status (can't fly) for at least a 1 1/2 weeks.

5 comments:

Jayci said...

OUCH!!! I'm just glad he can still smile. They must have him on some pretty good stuff. That had to have been a HARD slam. Hope it heals fast!!

Marie said...

Oh my gosh!! Thank goodness he is not having to go through a surgery or anything crazy like that. I'm sure he would prefer it hadn't happened, but at least it's not TOO bad! We missed you guys today at church. I hope everything's okay. Please let me know if you need anything. I was hoping to get Isabel and Sarah together to play sometime on Friday. Let me know if that sounds good to you. Sarah would love it, and you can bring your sewing machine over and we can figure that thing out!! ;) Call me!

kris said...

Poor Anthony! I can only imagine how bad that would hurt. I'm glad he'll be able to fly soon though. What a relief!

Jayci said...

Liz Ann - you got a sewing machine?! and MARIE is going to help you figure it out?! I'm JEALOUS. :) You're going to be the craft queen in no time. I'm excited to see what you come up with. Also, pretty new banner picture - except it looks WAY to freezing. Did you take it?

Liz Ann said...

Sadly...no, I found it on the internet. I just typed in January pictures and it was one of them that came up. I've had that sewing machine for over a year now, and I still don't know how to use it, so Marie is going to be nice enough to teach me. YAY!