Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blurb...My Friend


Last month I recieved this AwEsOmE!!! book in the mail. Yay! I have had my blog now for over 3 years and I finally have made into a book. I always knew you could turn your blog into a book. Hence, why I even started this whole nonsense to begin with. 3 years in the making and it is finally mine. Hip Hip Hooray! I couldn't be happier right now. I am jumping for joy, It really is awesome. If you have a blog and you haven't turned yours into a book yet you have got to try it. It really makes all of those times that you 2nd guess yourself of why you keep torturing yourself on updating your blog really worth it. It all comes together. I might have shed a tear or two when I finally got to hold the book in my  hands. Ok, no I didn't cry, but I did jump up and down and scream like a little girl in a candy shop

If you didn't notice. The cover only says the years of  '07, '08, '09. I'm still behind. I still have 2010 and now 2011. A woman's work is never done. I'm still happy. I have 3 wonderful years compacted into a 300pg hard cover book. It only cost me $90 for the S&H and everything. I mean look at the thickness on this bad boy. It is like a high school yearbook. CraZy! Do you know how much money I would have spent just printing out all of my pictures. I had 4000 photos in there. Not to mention what I would have spent if I wanted to do a scrapbook. Good gracious. I don't even want to think about it. Blogging is the way to go. I can't say it enough.

Oh if you were wondering where to go to publish your blog go to blurb.com They are the best.

6 comments:

Laci said...

That is awesome! I love blurb. I made my first book last year and loved it. I have plans (soon) to start my next book and I'm really excited. Thanks for sharing this. I love how your book does look like a year book. Congrats on finishing it.

Marina said...

Girl. I started doing Blurb a while back, but it was taking forever to reformat everything, so I gave up. I would love, love, love having my blog into a book, but until I get more time to commit to it, I'm afraid mine will have to wait. I'm happy for you, though. That's amazing. I wonder how much they charge to have someone make the book for you like they advertise?????

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I know how hard you worked on this, and all the late nights. I can't wait to see it myself when I get home. Thank you for capturing all those moments for us to remember and flip through when we're 50.
-Anthony

Amy said...

That is pretty awesome.

I started to make one... A few years back...so I'm behind myself. But seeing yours is inspiring me to buckle down and get it printed.

Mary Beth said...

girl, i did the exact same thing - jumped up and down when I got mine!

Rebekah Del Priore said...

OK OK OK I'm blogging Now!!!!