Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Orlando, FL-Day 3 ( Animal Kingdom)

Papa said the first thing we had to do when we got to Animal Kingdom was to see the Lion King Show. After watching it, I advise the same thing to anybody else who goes. It was a really good production.
As we were waiting for the show to start Isabel got out on the floor and started dancing (while eating her apple too)
Anthony said he wanted to dance too. Isabel being the good BIG sister that she is grabbed him and brought him out to the floor as well. They did all kind of little jigs.
It wasn't long before the floor was covered with props, singers and dancers.
Pumba with some monkeys dancing around him
The monkeys were jumping, flipping, swinging, tumbling...they were all over the place. They did some amazing acrobatics stunts.
They even had fire jugglers.
More trapeze artist flying around doing all kind of acrobatics while singing.
When the magnificent acrobatic/dancing musical was over the kids had to go see Simba.
I like the elephant personally
As soon as that was over Pop gave his next suggestion of going to the Safari Ride. This was everybody's favorite thing out of all the parks we did. It was just like being in Africa and going on a REAL safari ride. Isabel was trying to imitate an elephant
Here are just some of the animals we saw. Can I say that yes, these are the same animals you can see at the zoo, but it is NOT the same. It is one thing to walk around a zoo when the animals are caged up and you know they can't get to you. But with this safari you are riding in a big jeep that is open. No windows. Might I add that these animals were NOT in cages AT ALL! You were riding around in their territory, and they are not far away. When we came up on the rhinos we had to stop the jeep because he was crossing the pathway. Then we drove right pass him. Seriously his butt was touching the car. I could reach out and touch him if I wanted too. Don't worry, I kept my distance. The safari really was the coolest thing ever. I'll admit. Every time I saw an animal it got my adrenaline pumping a little bit. In the back of my head I was thinking "OMG, what if they start to attack us?" I thought about it quite a bit. Considering the elephants and rhinos had little babies they were looking out after. I know animals like to protect their kind and can get pretty hostile if they feel threatened. Its was kind of scary...but awesome at the same time.At all the theme parks Anthony is always too small to ride the roller coasters. Well, we finally found one he could ride and he rode it over and over and over again. Since he is handicap the guys didn't even make us get off to stand in line again. He got to stay in the same spot and just ride as much as he wanted too. Anthony really made this trip a fun time. We called his handicap sticker the "ANTHONY AWESOME PASS" We never had to stay in line for anything. We just showed the pass and we walked passed everybody and became the first in line. It was a life saver.
When you first walk into the park you see the big "Tree of Life" Everything is centered around this tree
Here is a close up of all the details that they carved in the tree. Isn't it beautiful?A big aunt hillInside the big "Tree of Life" is a 3D movie. As you walk through there are more carvings in the walls of various things. Here Isabel was trying to pick a gorilla's noseIsabel and Nanny in front of a waterfall. I treasure this, because I don't have a lot of photos of my Mom, especially with my kids.
Boys and dinosaurs
CHARACTERS
Last, but not least, some of the characters we saw. Once again, there were more characters out and about, but we weren't going to waste our time standing in long lines just to get a picture with them. We just chose a couple we wanted.
When we first walked in the park Timon was there to greet us.After the Lion King Show they had a lot of characters standing outside. We got to see Mickeyand of course MinnieNext was Goofy. Boy was he Goofy. Isabel liked him the best. All the other characters just stand still and sign your book and take a picture. Well, Goofy was all over the place. When Isabel asked him to sign her book he paused and looked at her funny.
Then he grabbed the pen and book and put it behind his head and signed it. Isabel started laughing
Goofy was being silly the whole time
When she started to walk away. Goofy grabbed her head and gave her a kiss. She really started laughing then. When she walked away. She was like "Mom he really is Goofy!" I said, "I know, thats why they call him Goofy"Ok so this lady isn't a Disney Character, but she sure did get my attention. When I first saw her she was walking around the street moving all different kind of weird ways. Then she found this poll and wrapped herself around it. Seriously, she blends in so well. I would have never known that this vine was a real person if I hadn't seen her wrap herself around it to begin with. They call her the Tree Lady. If you look closely you can see her eyes and hand. They are painted green so look carefully. Can you see her?

2 comments:

Rebekah Del Priore said...

I never seen the tree lady! Cool!! And We Loved the Lion King too!

Marie said...

Looks like it was a blast! That tree lady is COOL!!!