Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Isabel's 1st Dance Recital
May 28th was Isabel's first dance recital. I signed her up right after Dad left for deployment. We wanted to surprise him when he got home. So she had been practicing very hard every week for the last 5 months for him. The day had finally arrived and the family came down to visit. Here are some of her fans....her cousin, Emry

If you haven't noticed. Emry is the one who teaches Isabel all of her CrAzY face, fun poses
Another fan..cousin Jared (Isabel says he is her boyfriend)
Isabel was getting antsy just sitting in the audience. The recital lasted 3 hours and she had to wait until after the intermission for her performance. She was one of the last acts.
She was moving all around. I couldn't keep her still
She is a cutie though
Aunt Deda, another one of her fans
and of course her Mama is her #1 Fan
They wanted all the girls to wear robes over the costumes so nobody would see until they performed. We were just letting y'all get a sneak peak
Whew, 2 1/2 hours later Isabel finally gets to perform. She did great. Their dance was to the Military March song from the Jungle Book. Hence the red, white, and blue costumes. I wish I had a camcorder. I was dumb and the batteries to ours was dead. So this is next best...a still shot photo. This is them doing their alligator arms.
Yay! Isabel you did so great. All of your hard work paid off. And look everybody gave you flowers. How sweet.
She has been out of dance for a month now and she keeps asking me when she is going back. She loves it. We are just taking the summer off
Isabel was SUPER happy that Dad was able to make it home in time for her recital. He was so proud of you.
Grammy was able to make it and was a great fan as well.
Unfortunately, Grampy on the other hand could not make it. He felt bad so a couple of days later Isabel received this little Edible Arrangement in the mail from him. She was so excited when the lady rang the door bell and said that it was for her. She felt so special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the "sneak peek" photo!!! HILARIOUS!!!!
Love the recital pictures! She looks so excited to dance! Natalie
What a cutie! I'm jealous of the Edible Arrangement. I've always wanted one! ;)
Post a Comment