Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strawberry Time

One thing I love about my family is all of the traditions we have. Every year we pick strawberries together. When we were little Pop use to take us out of school and we would drive 2 hours to go pick the berries. That was until we got a farm closer to us. Now, we only have to go 15 minutes down the road. It is nice to live back on the east coast again so I can participate in the traditions once more. I'm trying hard to keep the traditions going strong with my kids as well. Hopefully they will enjoy them just as much as I have.Gabriella's first time really being able to enjoy them. Last year she was still a baby.Ooh, look at all that juice on her face. I guess my kids do enjoy our traditionsI'm trying to sneak a bite from her, but she doesn't want to share Show me what you got
Where is Anthony?There he is! He decided to jump right in the bushes and just lay in the middle of the patch. He really wanted to get up close and personal with them. Silly boyYep, its official, my kids definitely enjoy tradition!Thanks Pop for instilling all of our traditions in us. It has made a chain reaction and has now followed on to your grandkids. I know it must make you proud. We have enjoyed this for 36 years and I'm sure we will enjoy them for many more years to come.As I looked through the pictures I noticed I didn't have any pics of Isabel. This is the only one I got of her. She was running down the isles trying to find the biggest, reddest, juiciest strawberries

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sweet! I wish spring was faster and warmer here, then we might even HAVE fruit to pick! You are definitely lucky to live on the east coast, enjoy it!

Candice and Nathan said...

where did you go? That looks like fun and I've always wanted to have a freezer full of jam!

Leigh This Way said...

There are a few here in charleston and I'm just waiting for the end of finals so that I can go and get some. YUM!

Rebekah Del Priore said...

Had a god time as ALWAYS!
TOO bad we didn't get a group shot!