Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday

We were suppose to go to Ohio to see Anthony's sister, but the kids got sick on Monday. I really didn't want to drive 12 hours with 2 sick kids...and to an even more colder place. So we decided to not go :-( By the time Thursday rolled around though we felt a little better. We still had a little cold but it was good enough where we could travel an hour away to Columbia to see my family.


We first drove to Florence and ate with Anthony's parents. Then we drove to Columbia to spend time with my family. Really we had to go to Delia's because its tradition to map out all of our plans for the BLACK FRIDAY shopping extravaganza! Delia, Anthony and Me are like the 3 Musketers on this day. We have it planned out to a science. First....



Kohl's (opened 4am)
This was my favorite place, because they had hot chocolate and donuts for FREE for their customers.
List: Chi hair straightner
2 sweaters
2 kids dresses
2 bras
3 earings
1 ring
2 pillows
wrapping paper
We had to hurry, because we had to get to Best Buy and relieve Ant of his duties.

BEST BUY (opened 5am)
(Anthony started camping out at 7pm Thursday night; he was still 20th in line)
His list from Delia: itouch
camera
Our list: Sony laptop
cooling mat for laptop
3 blue-ray movies
2 4GB memory disk
I stood in line while Anthony did all the shopping. When he had got everything and met back up with me I was first in line to check out. (I had actually been first for a while. I was letting people go in front of me until Ant got back.) This really cuts down on time. If we didn't do this we would have been there for 2 hrs at least, but we were only there for 30min.

RUE 21 (opened 6am)
List: 1 white peacoat jacket
2 sweaters
2 shirts
sunglasses
beanie hat
ring
RACK ROOM SHOES (opened 7am)
List: knee high brown boots

WALMART
(we went here late at night to price match drugstores)
8 pks Shick razors (got for FREE)
6 bags Hershey Holdiay Minatures (75 cents)
9 movies

I loved how this year all the stores opened up at different times. It helped out a lot and we were able to get everything we wanted. I will admit... we did overspend. I will be going through everything to see what I can return. I blame my overspending on Delia ;-) She is the devil. It never fails, everytime I shop with her I over in dulge myslef. We are definitely not good for each other. I guess I still have to love her though... she is my sister

1 comment:

Marina said...

The devil always has followers...watch out!!! ;) LOL! I don't know how y'all get out in all that mess each year. Yuck! I'm glad you had fun, though.