This is what I am living with. I told my friends back in Del Rio how dirty my parents house was. They didn't believe me. Well, this is proof. When I got home and I opened the refrigerator this is what I found.... MOLD!
I couldn't believe it. I started scrubbing everything down immediately!!! I called Pop up and asked if he knew there was mold growing in his refrigerator. He said,"yes." I replied, "Why didn't you clean it out? Don't you know that you can die from that?" He was like, "Oh, its fine. We raised 7 kids and y'all are all still standing." For those of you who don't know my Dad, this is his response to everything that we complain about.
Since I was on a cleaning streak I figured I would clean off their kitchen counter space. They had every single surface covered with food, knick knacks, seasonings, etc.... I cleared it all off and it looked so good. People who came over were like Wow! Who cleaned in here? Well, when Pop and Nanny got home from there vacation they were mad. They didn't like it being cleaned. They said it was naked. And they wanted their clutter back. What??? I couldn't believe it. I guess I can't say anything it is their house. I am just a guest. To each his own I suppose.
4 comments:
Come on, Liz Ann, you should have known Pop and Mom wouldn't have liked their stuff moved. I've heard that from them so many times. They like everything out so they can find it. It's definitely good that you cleaned the fridge, though. Have you vacuumed yet? What about the bathroom?
I feel for you, really!
Yeah, I know we joke about homemade penasiline but that was pushing it too far. And yes I vacum and sweep every other day. I haven't conquered the bathroom yet though. I'm afraid to know that they have already got on to me about cleaning. I have to hear Pop and Nanny's mouth every hour. They have to remind me how much they like their clutter I guess
LOL! My parents are very similar, I think that yours might be a little worse but it's only because my mom is pretty timid so she doesn't like confrontation. Good luck with that!
I know exactly how you feel except my mom would never complain if I cleaned up. My dad would though because he would say that he couldn't find anything. I feel for you!
Post a Comment