Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Farewell Wichita, Kansas

What do you know. My wonderful husband downloads lime wire the other day so I get get some songs to burn a new CD. Well, the next day we were bombarded with all kind of viruses on our computer. Once again our computer is screwed up. I had to come to the library so I could get on-line. Yesterday, we found out some news. We will NOT be going to Kansas anymore. Anthony is thrilled. Me not so much. I was really looking forward to going, but after all the paper work went through for little Anthony's medical stuff we got denied. They said that Wichita did not have adequate facilities for him and we are not allowed to go there because of it. Don't ask me where we are going. All the paper work has to be resubmitted once again and the whole process done over. They don't know if Anthony will be put in the next class that drops to get a new assignment or just the paper work will be re-done. The people said that it could be as early as next week or it could take another 2 months to find out where we will be going next. I am so frustrated with everything. I had all my plans set and now they are all so rudely interrupted. Anyways, just thought I would fill y'all in on what was going on.

Also, this past weekend we went to the Sonora Caverns with the Leininger's. I will post pictures of that after a while, depending on when we get the computer fixed. So stay tuned

7 comments:

Nicia said...

We have invisus that takes care of all those computer problems! I am so computer retarded, I just call them up whenever something weird is going on, or if my computer is acting slow, and they get it all fixed! It's great! Good luck. Hope your computer gets fixed soon!

Marie said...

Hey, just thought I'd let you know that if what my friend told me is true, the apartments we lived at in Altus burned down. Not all of them, but enough of them that it might affect whether you guys can stay there or not. I don't know if your Altus dates have changed or not with this new (stinky) news, but if they haven't I would definitely give the apartments a call. Hopefully our friends were mistaken about which ones we lived in. Anyway - keep us posted!!

Crystal said...

wow, just when you think you know what's going on all your plans get changed! I'm sorry you are dissappointed about the change in assignment. I am sure you are super anxious to know what is going to happen. Keep us posted! Oh, and if you need to use a computer you can definitely come here instead of the library, I know how hard it is to try and keep little ones quiet in the library, Callen never cooperates with me! So you can come here and they can be as loud as they want!

Hipple Family said...

Wow! That is crazy! I hope that things turn out even better for you. Maybe you can come here, that would be great! If you do take a visit soon, call me!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they will let you know soon so you'll be able to make plans. That's rotten not knowing!

Anywhoo, maybe they'll send you somewhere where you're less likely to be sucked in by a Tornado....those things scare me to death!

I'll be thinking about you until you have definite plans!

Angel said...

Man, do the limbo! I hope that doesn't interupt plans for comin' home!

Marina said...

Charleston AFB all the way, baby! You're going to have a better base as a result. Just be patient.