Wow! She actually made it into the world. I was starting to think she would never come. But she arrived on Wednesday, August 13th at 10:28am. She weighed in at 6lbs. 3oz. and is 19 in long. She was actually pretty big considering I had her at 36.3weeks (25 days early) She probably would have ended up being a 9lb. baby like I was. I am really glad the doctors took her early now. Goodness. What I think is pretty cool is that she has the exact same measurements as Isabel did.
The day started off pretty good. Since my doctor, Dr. Faucett, is LDS we asked him if he could help give me a blessing before we started this whole ordeal. Its not very often that you get your doctor to do that for you. It was neat. He actually didn't do my delivery though =( Dr. M? I forget his name took over. Before he started he looked me over and once he saw my previous incision and saw how high it was he got worried.
It was a lot higher than he anticipated it to be. He thought that doing a classical (vertical) incision would be better to do than going through the same cut or cutting below doing a regular cesarean. I was worried about getting this classical cesarean done. This whole time I had been preparing myself that I was getting just a regular normal c-section. But oh how things changed.
The doctor talked it over with Dr. Faucett and they both agreed that doing the classical would be best. The reasoning behind it was because with the cesarean I had before there would be a lot more scar tissue built up and they don't know what it would have connected itself too (bladder, kidney, uterus, etc). If they would have went in down low they wouldn't be able to see what was going on, making it more difficult to do. But if they went vertically they would be able to get a better look at things inside.Once they decided all that they wheeled me back to get my spinal & epidural done. They went ahead and did both, because they weren't sure what they would find once they cut me open and the cesarean might last 2hrs instead of 1hr. Depending on all the scar tissue they would have to deal with. The spinal wouldn't last that long, so they had to give me the epidural too. Well, when I met the anesthesiologist I found out he was LDS too. Go figure. This room was just full of Mormons.
Anyways, this was the most painful part of it all. When he first did my epidural it didn't work. They stuck me and laid me down, waiting for me to go numb, which I never did. They kept poking me with a tooth pick asking me if I could feel it in my stomach and legs. I kept telling them yes! I can feel everything. And I would lift my whole legs up to show them that I still had all feeling. After about 30 minutes they decided to sit me back up and do it all over again. He ended up sticking me 6 more times, each filling me up with the numbing medicine. I don't know where the medicine was going,
but my tongue and mouth was getting numb. Not my legs. When I said that they got kind of worried. Finally after 6 times he got it. Ugh. My back is soooo bruised up from that. They laid me back down, put me on oxygen and started the procedure. I was so tired from all that medicine. I was fighting not trying to fall asleep. Dad just kept massaging my head trying to comfort me, but all that did was make me want to sleep even more.Something that did scare me was when the doctor finally got all in there this is what I hear. "WOW! I don't know what to do with all that? What do you think I should do?" These are not very encouraging words you want to hear while you are under the knife. The doctor was replying to all of the scar tissue that he had found.
He told me he was very glad that he had did the classical cesarean, because there was no way he would have been able to do it any other way. It must have been the blessing that I received before hand helping the doctor out in making his change of decisions at the last minute. I can't remember what all the doctor said he had to do, but he did advise me that I should really consider when having other kids.
He said that what all he found from my previous cesarean and what he had to do for this surgery just was too much. My insides are all tore up and jumbled. I was pretty disappointed when he told me this, because I really wanted at least 1 more kid. His response to that was "If you do get pregnant again, I don't want to be your doctor to do the surgery." What????I guess the Lord is trying to tell me I can only handle 3 kids.
Anthony has always talked about how he wants to adopt some kids. Maybe this will be our way of getting our 4 kids in. Will have to adopt. Pam I might be hitting you up for some advice when the time comes for all of that.Even though there were a lot of complications Gabriella is doing just fine. I have a big plus sign on my stomach now, but I am recovering just fine. Isabel and Anthony absolutely love their new little sister. Anthony can't get enough of her.
He has to hold her constantly. When we make him give her up so Isabel can have a turn he cries like a big baby and pitches a fit. It was cute when he first saw her. Anthony pulls himself up on Dad and leans in on Gabriella kissing her and saying "Hey Honey!" He is so in love. I know he is going to be a great big brother.Isabel is the nurturing one. She was so concerned for me when I started throwing up. I think I was sick from all of that extra medicine they stuck in me. I threw up 6 times after surgery. Isabel didn't like to see me do this and kept trying to comfort me. Then when I stood up to go to the bathroom and she saw blood on the bed she got worried again. "Oh No! Mom are you Ok? Here let me help you." As she grabs my hand and walk me to the bathroom. She is so sweet. Thank you Isabel for all of your help.
Ok that is enough for tonight. I need to get some sleep. I will post more pictures up tomorrow when ever I get a chance. I've taken over 100 so...I'm still pretty sore and having 3 kids on my hands now is a lot. It is hard to do anything right now, but I know my family is dieing to see pictures so I will try my hardest to get them up tomorrow. I won't say anything tomorrow I'll just post pics. I just wanted to hurry up and get the birth story down for now.
20 comments:
Oh Liz Ann!! I'm sorry it was such an ordeal - I can feel your pain (literally) as I've had to go through that myself. I can't imagine getting stuck SIX times though - I thought my 15 or so times getting stuck for my IV was bad. My arms were black and blue from the top of my hand all the way to my elbows. It stunk. I also can't believe they let you take a pic of her being taken out!! I'm so jealous!! They wouldn't let us, and Dr. Fawcett was my doc too! He also told me no more, but no one said they wouldn't want to me my doctor - that kind of stinks that that was the comment. I guess I've got massive scar tissue too, but I feel lucky that I didn't have to get a vertical incision like you did. You be extra careful - those are MUCH harder to heal from. You know as well as I do how much we use our abs and don't realize it until a c-section. Coughing, sneezing, laughing, getting up and down off the couch or bed....BE CAREFUL!!! You don't want to over-do it (and that's almost impossible not to with 3 kids now!), so be as careful as you can!!! Make sure everyone "spoils" you as they'll feel it is. It's funny that c-sections aren't really considered major surgery - there's nothing quite like being cut in half, but people who get ACL surgery get months to recover and c-sections are told that you only need like 3 days of bed-rest. Uggh!! Anyway, enough of my novel. Gabriella is BEAUTIFUL like I knew she would be. Congrats to you guys, and when you get a chance e-mail me a good address for you - I'm not even sure if you're still at your house in Del Rio? Take care, and we look forward to the pics in the future!!!
love,
Marie
I want to know where you stuffed a 6 lbs. baby in that tiny belly of yours.:) Congratulations on another beautiful baby, though. We're all very excited for you. Are you home, yet?
Congrats LizAnn! I am glad you finally had her. She is beautiful! Your so lucky you had wonderful doctors and the Lord's hand in all of this! I wish we were there to help you out! Love you guys!
Congratulations LizAnn!! She is absolutely beautiful!!! I am glad she is so healthy and doing well! I hope you recover quickly too- take it easy and be light on your feet!
No we are not home yet. We will be here until Monday or Tuesday. I have to get my staples taken out Monday and Gabriella has a check up appointment then too. We thought it would be easier just to stay up here instead of doing the whole commute thing back and forth. I can't sit that long right now. We are on medical leave until the 22nd anyways, so....
Aww, she is so precious. Congratulations on the new addition. You know little Jesse woke up at 3:30am for juice, and I HAD to come to this dang computer to see if you ever posted pictures. I couldn't imagine the pain you must be in having a c-section, but I hope you recover well and come to SC soon. Natalie
YEAH! She is so pretty! I am tearing up as I read your post, how blessed you and Gabriella are and how inspired your Dr's were! So glad things are OK and you have your beautiful little girl! How exciting! Take care!
Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous and your kids are so cute. I am so sorry it was so much effort to get her here. You are amazing. We are excited to see all of you.
What a perfect addition to your family!! You have me terrified now, I don't know if I want another c-section, but I'm glad everything worked out okay! What a blessing! We can't wait to meet her! GET LOTS OF REST!!! let us know what we can do down here to help!
Gabriella is beautiful! I have to say that I love the name as well considering the heated argument from before! The kids are too cute with her.
Congratulations! Gabriella is gorgeous, let us know if you need anything when you get home!
WoW! You are amazing! Congrats! So beautiful
Congrats Lizann! She is beautiful. I am glad she made it here healthy. I think she looks alot like your husband. I hope everything goes well with the c-section recovery....I know it can be rough sometimes. I am nervous about that again when I have another one. Well get lots and lots of rest. I cant wait to see more pics. Your family is beautiful!
Wow! You didn't tell me all of those details when we talked on the phone. I guess you were wanting to hurry and eat your Cracker Barrel food. ;)
I LOVE the pictures of how excited Anthony and Isabel look holding their little sister. It's good when they latch on right away. And, also, I love how Isabel was trying to comfort and console you in your time of need. Too cute!
However, I have one concern. And, this might be nothing... Are Gabriella's eyes more than an eye length apart? Meaning: if you were to measure the length of her eye, is that the distance in between both of her eyes? If it's more than her eye length, that could be a sign of retardation. Now, don't freak out by me saying that. I have been a very paranoid person lately. I just wondered. It could be the angle of some of your pictures. However, despite noticing that, she is a CUTIE PIE. Seriously, she is ADORABLE. I wish I could reach through the screen and kiss her. She looks so soft and cuddly. I think I'm just as excited as Anthony and Isabel! I wish I could be there. Hey, call me.
marina, that comment is what was retarded.
anthony
just kidding
Marina,
We measured her eyes and they are exactly an eye length apart. Wewh, you had me worried for a second
Hit me up anytime for adoption info.... :) We'll just trade stories.....I am sure I will have a gazillion parenting questions by then, and you can ask me adoption stuff. :)~
Daer Lizzy, I am so happy that Gabby is out of your tummy.And when our you coming over to vist us again? When you get this comment tell Isabell to come to see this and read it to her and I would be happy if you would write back. And if Isabell would what to tell me something, Isabell could tell you and you could write and I would we glad to hear it. Love ya, KateLynn p.s. tell little and big Anthony I siad Love you.
Daer Lizzy, I am so happy that Gabby is out of your tummy.And when our you coming over to vist us again? When you get this comment tell Isabell to come to see this and read it to her and I would be happy if you would write back. And if Isabell would what to tell me something, Isabell could tell you and you could write and I would we glad to hear it. Love ya, KateLynn p.s. tell little and big Anthony I siad Love you.
Lizzy,by the way, call me. KateLynn
Post a Comment