Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Kick Off

Last weekend Pinnacle, the new base housing owners, threw a little party bash to kick off the new Summer season. They grilled out for us, played games, had a DJ, jumpy castles & face painting. Isabel really enjoyed herself as usual. Anytime she is outside she has a good time. It doesn't matter how HOT it is, as long as she can run around free. I think Isabel's favorite was playing the musical chairs. She had never played it before, but she caught on quick. She never won, but as you can notice in the picture she was the smallest by far. She never even had a chance. She did make it to the 3rd round though. As for the face painting... well... lets just say the people sure weren't experts. Isabel was suppose to get a butterfly and ladybug, but they didn't turn out so good. When it came time for Anthony's turn I thought let me give them something really easy to draw. What couldn't be easier to draw then a baseball? But the poor girls replied back, what does a baseball look like? Are you kidding me? I know they were just some teenage volunteer girls trying to help out, but I couldn't help but laugh. I should of just took the paint though and drew on their faces myself.
Skating

Last night we thought we would try and go skating. We never really go skating, because our kids are too little, but they have these little cars that you can drive around on the baby/kids section of the skating rink. The kids absolutely love these little cars, and Anthony can drive them too, because you do everything with your hands. You don't have to use your feet any. Anyways, we were very disappointed when we got there, because they said that the cars were broken. We thought we should have left then, but decided to stay anyways, just to see if Isabel would skate any. She did just what I thought she would do...skate for about 2 minutes and say she is done. Total waste of money. On a positive note, we tried these popsicles from the snack bar that are made in Mexico. They are the best EVER! They are like the icy push up pops, but they make them with milk instead of water making them very creamy and D-lish. I told Dad we are going to have to go to the skating rink just to get those popsicles again.
Baked Potato

I thought I would post this too. The largest baked potato. We were out grocery shopping the other day when Dad picked out these huge potatoes. I didn't know what I was going to do with them. So the other day I decided to finally bake them. They took forever to cook, but they were dang good. It really hit the spot for a pregnant lady. Who doesn't like a huge loaded bake potato with cheese, sour cream, butter & bacon. Well, as you can see the potato covered the whole plate, and this was not a dessert plate. It was a dinner plate. It took Dad and I both to finish it off, and we were stuffed.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my gosh, the kids look 6 months older and it's only been about 2 months since we saw you in Charleston!! Isabel's hair seems longer and lil' Anthony's hair looks like he either has a new do, or it has been cut recently? Anyway, take care pregnant lady!! We need to see some belly shots since you said you kind of have a belly this time! :)

Marina said...

The AF is so good about morale activities! I'm glad they're taking care of y'all! Too bad about the skating thing. And, your baked potato looks soooo good! It might be bc I haven't eaten yet since I've gotten home from church. But, you're right, that is huge if that's a dinner plate. It looks like it's on steroids.

Jayci said...

that's a huge baked potato - and it sounds SO yummy right now. That base housing party sounds like a lot of fun. Isabel is growing up so quickly!

Anonymous said...

You have to read my response to Marina's blog...It is pretty funny.

LOOOVVEEE the baked potato...they are my favorite!