Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We didn't really do much for Memorial Day. I felt bad for Dad, because here is a Day that we should be celebrating and Thanking people who are in the military serving our country, and what do I do...I put my military man to work. I'm sorry. He is just a really good handy man, so his job is never done. We did have one fun day, Friday. It was the first day that the Laughlin AFB pool opened. We were so excited. We just had to go swimming. I don't know why they hadn't opened it earlier considering it has been 100* for 2 months now here, but oh well. We are glad it is open now. Me and the kids actually went twice the day. Once earlier, right when it opened with some of Isabel's friends, and then again in the afternoon when Dad got off work. Isabel was glad to go with Dad, b/c then she got to go in the big pool and slide down the big slide. She is such a dare devil. Then Saturday I had Dad watch the kids so I could go to one of my friends, Leslie, baby shower. I was assigned to bring these yummy little ham/cheese pastry things. Of course they are yummy, it's a Pampered Chef recipe. They were a big hit, everybody loved them. I also won one of the games we played. I guessed her exact size with toilet paper. Go me. I almost won the other game, but lost the tie breaker match. It was finding safety pins in a bowl of rice. A lot harder than it sounds. I know it is bad, but Sunday, we helped this lady with her gutters. I should say Dad did the gutters. We just came for support. Me and the kids stayed in the car watching movies while Dad slaved out in the hot sun. I would crawl out the car when Dad needed an extra hand and needed me to hold something. Anyways, somebody had installed them wrong and all of the water would drain right where her door way was, leaving a huge puddle to walk through. Dad being the nice man that he is helped her fix them to where they would drain right. I know it was working on Sunday, but can we count that as an act of service? For the actual Day of Memorial Day we went swimming again, but after that I had to put Dad to work again. I made him dig up my bushes that were in the front of my walk way, because they were blocking my other plants and I wanted people to be able to see them. We moved them to another part of the house.
Isabel was dying to help so we let her water the plants after we had replanted them.

I know that I haven't told Dad how much I appreciate what he does for our country, and I sure didn't show my appreciation over the holiday, having him babysit, fix gutter & dig my bushes up. Sorry! I would like to let him know now that I am very PROUD of him for being so selfless and putting his country first. I know he may not do to much right now, considering he is still in training, but I know he will do great when he does finally get out there. We love you Dad

6 comments:

Marina said...

I'm glad to see that you're getting into your yard. I just absolutely love landscaping! There is such a beauty in this earth. IMHO, I think you made some good improvements.

Also, I've made those ham bites. Very tasty! Yum! Yum!

Marina said...

Oh, I forgot to mention...I love your background much better than your other one.

Liz Ann said...

Yes, I have to say Thank You, b/c I don't think I would have ever made them things if I hadn't tried them from you first. and Thanks also on the background. I thought it went well with summertime

Marie said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend!! I bet going to the pool was nice AND refreshing! That safety pin game sounds like the one I left there with someone in Del Rio! They borrowed it and I never got it back before we moved. I know, silly, but it's a fun game and easily kept and re-used in a container. Anyway, good on you for doing well at it, it's HARD!!!

kris said...

How fun! Sounds like a great weekend! Girl, you got burned! (I'm referring to the next post) You are lucky it will turn into a tan, mine usually just goes back to white!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzy!!! It's Tina! Duh- you have to convince Anthony to go with the C-17. Thats a no-brainer! We miss you- you have to come back.
Ok, sorry just giving you a hard time.
So...on the subject of the baby names, Greg and I have decided between two:
Addison Gabriella Viccellio or Adeline Lynette Viccellio.
Honestly, I think Addison Antoinette is very pretty. To me it flows well. :-)
Miss you bunches!! Hey to Anthony and the kiddies! You guys look so cute.