
Well, I had to end up buying some plane tickets to get us back. Which actually turned out pretty good. We found a good deal with Southwest Airlines. It was only $200 total for all our tickets. Thats cheaper than if we would of had to drive. Well, My parents had to drive us up to Raleigh, NC to the Airport. When we got there they weighed all of my luggage and 2 of my bags were over the 55 lb. limit. It would have been $50 extra to load my luggage, but instead the guy offered me a duffel bag for $25 and I could just take some of my stuff out of the other bags and put in the new one, so they wouldn't weigh so much. Finally we got everything situated and headed through security. When Isabel had to walk through the detector and she passed, she jumped up and threw her hands in the air screaming Yay we made it. All the employees there started laughing. It was so cute. Our plane ride was fun. Isabel got to sit by the window, which she loved. She kept saying that Daddy was flying us, but I had to keep telling her that he wasn't. She wouldn't believe me.

Well, when we got in to San Antonio we had to go to Target to buy a car seat for Isabel, b/c we had to leave hers behind (too much luggage). When we were backing out of our parking space we ended up hitting a lady who was backing out of hers too at the same time. She hit our hitch so it did nothing to our car, but when the lady pulled forward to get off of our SUV our hitch ended up ripping her whole bumper off. I felt so sorry for that lady, b/c since it was a No Fault accident she has to pay for her own repairs. We lucked out...it did nothing to ours. Thank goodness for hitches. Anyways, with that miss-hap waiting for the cops and all of that, we ended up not getting home until 2am Monday night, or should I say Tuesday morning. We were exhausted.
3 comments:
glad you got home 'with a hitch'! ha ha Not the normal usage for that phrase. Lucky that it didn't do anything to your car. Phew! Isabel's little jump-scene sounds adorable!
Thats crazy! I am glad your cars all good. Your trip sounds like SO much fun. I love family get togethers, but my family is so spread out now its hard to do- I am jealous!!! I love all your pictures- the kids look so cute and happy. I am glad you had such a great visit- if you ever come to Seattle, let me know and we'll go play!
Wow, lots of stuff happenin!! Glad you made it home OK. Sorry things fell through with the car situation. Glad you are back home. Take care! Your kids are getting so big and are so cute.
Post a Comment