Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Cabinets Anthony made for Avanti's


Anthony has finally finished the wine cabinet that Bob, the owner of Avanti's (local Italian restaurant), wanted. Bob had designed this cabinet that he wanted built for his costumers. It has 48 cupboards that people can buy to store their own special wine or alcohol that they like. Bob had asked all of the cabinet builders here if they would do it, and all of them said NO! It was too custom for them and would be a big pain. Anthony accepted the challenge. The big problem with the whole project was that he wanted the doors very thin. This was a big pain to cut. With the doors being so thin they do not make screws, nails, or staples that short, so none the less when it came to screwing the hinges on, and stapling on that copper wire he had to cut each screw and staple so it wouldn't go through the other side of the board. Needless to say since there was 48 doors he had a lot of screw cutting to do. Well, he has finally finished months later. His hard work has paid off though, b/c Bob is going to pay him $4,000 for it. Bob thought he had done such a good job that now he wants him to build a bar for him. This project will be a lot easier, b/c Bob wants a very simple design. And has told Anthony he will pay him another couple $1,000 for it too.

His flight class wants him to build a bar for their class room. Since, their mascot is the Knights they are designing it like an old timey castle. It will have aged wood, stone, and a draw bridge.

Anthony always has his work cut out for him. He doesn't mind doing stuff like this, for it is his passion, besides flying planes of course. If anybody knows Anthony, you know he is the type of person who has to stay busy. I think he has ADHD or something. He is always thinking up stuff to build. I love having such a handy man around. It saves a lot of money. I'm always looking through magazines and seeing things that I like, and then show Anthony it, and have him build it for me. It is GREAT!!!

3 comments:

Jayci said...

ARGH! I just typed a really long comment and it got deleted.

That is so awesome that you can just point to what you have in mind and Anthony can think up a way to build it for you, his queen. :) That is SO handy!

Mark and I saw this at Avanti's a couple of months ago and admired it even then!! It's really beautiful. I have a thing for wine cabinets and racks. So sophisticated. He has a real talent!

Marie said...

WOW!

Hopefully when I have a home of my own (not base housing) you guys live nearby!! :)

This is beautiful, tell Anthony he really has talent.

Take care!

Beth said...

Those cabinets look awesome! You are lucky to have such a handy man around. I wish I knew how to do some of that stuff!!