August 2012
We had a week to figure out what school we wanted our kids to attend. After some quick searches we decided that we would live 30 minutes outside of base. Bracketville is a smaller town (only 1,700 people) but we felt that having smaller classrooms (only 14 kids per class) in school would be better for our children. It allows a lot more one on one time with the kids than if the kids were in a class of 25.
At this point we are staying in a TLF until we find us a house we like in Bracketville.
Here the kids are for their first day of school. Isabel is in 2nd grade and Anthony is in 1st. I am so happy for my kids and know they will have no problem making new friends.I was concerned for them about riding an hour on the bus. Remember I said the school they attend was 30 miles from the base we were staying at. Luckily, when I asked the kids how was school. They replied ecstatically "The bus was the BEST part!" Boy was a thrilled to hear that. My worries were dissolved.
No comments:
Post a Comment