April 8
These pictures are in random order. I am to lazy to make this entry nice. It is good enough that I am even getting it posted period. I have already delayed it over a month and a half so far. We took over a 100 photos and I kept trying to minimize the amount. Here we go... We had lots of visitors come in to town for this weekend, or should I say month. It has been busy, busy, busy. We had Pop & Nanny, Grammy & Grampy, and Delia & Jared
Isabel with Pop & Nanny in the parking lot before we walked to the flight line
Pop, Gabriella, Isabel, and Nanny with the C-160
Isabel and Nanny
Me, Isabel & Pop
Gabriella, Isabel, and Pop
The F-15E going super fast, pulling G's, that you can see the air flow on top of the wings. AWESOME!
Nanny, Gabriella, Me
Isabel really was enjoying herself
the crew inside of Dad's plane, the C-17
The girls liked to see where Dad gets to sleep on the plane. Sleep? How do you sleep and fly the plane at the same time?
Pop was loving the air show. It took him back to the good ol' days when he use to be in the Air Force and was the mechanic of the F-4 Phantom's. My Dad has always said that he regretted getting out of the military. He is a proud Veteran.
Isabel thinking she can fly the C-17
You better keep your eye out or you'll crash
Wow! That's a monster. C-17 AKA "big fat pig" is what we call it
Of course it wouldn't be an Air Show with out the F-16 Thunderbirds
I don't know if you can see it or not, but they are all flying upside down very close to one another. This team is very talented.
We got to see one of our good friends back from Del Rio. Bret Robbins was in Dad's pilot training class. He is an instructor for the T-1 now and got to fly the plane here to show it off for the the Air Show. The kids call him Uncle Brett
They did a reenactment of Pearl Harbor. I have to say I got a little teary eyed. I couldn't help myself. Here is the Japanese planes coming in to attack
They dropped some big bombs..
But then the Americans came to the rescue and faught back. It was loud with all the machined guns going off
Gabriella trying to protect her ears from all the loud noise. When some of the planes would fly by with their after burners on it would shake even the inside of your body. I would have to grab my chest every time.
P-51, F-15E, A-10
After the show we were able to meet the Thunderbird team.
They even had Miss Teen SC and Miss SC signing autographs
Jared had never been to an Air show before, but he LOVED it. He said he has to go to every one that comes to town now. I think we might have another future pilot on our hands in the family. Jared was so fascinated with them
2 comments:
How cool! Every year, there always seems to be a birthday going on the same weekend of the air show so we haven't seen it yet. =( But we always hear them the weeks before when they're praticing. hehehe ;)
It's pretty sad that Nellis AFB (here in Vegas) is home to the Thunderbirds and the only time that I saw them was at Shaw AFB back in SC. The Pearl Harbor reinactment would have made me cry too...
Post a Comment