We had so much fun camping the other time that we decided to go camping the following weekend. This time it wasn't just with one of my brothers, it was with the whole family that lives locally. (2 of my brothers, 1 sister, and a friend.) We had 14 kids and 9 adults, 23 people total. Our campsite was definitely the loudest and over crowded. The campsite we went to this time was a little past Isle of Palms. It is called Buck Hall Outdoor Recreation.
Here Anthony is trying to put on Dad's back pack. He thinks he is man enough for it. It wasn't too long after he tried it on that he came tumbling down. That thing weighed a ton.
Once we made it to the campsite the boys ran to the waterfront and started playing. Doesn't it look beautiful? It did to me. That is until the camp Ranger told us there were alligators. Yikes!
Anthony definitely was excited to be camping again
It wasn't too long before the boys were climbing trees and doing typical "boy" stuff. Anthony was happy to be able to climb his first tree. (More like Mom threw him up there)
Once again...Roasting Marshmallows
Wow! I really took a lot of pictures of Anthony. I can't help it. He is just such a goofball.
I love this picture, because it captures the 2 things that Gabriella loves more than life. Sucking on her 2 fingers and playing with Mama's hair. I love this girl
The first night ended and we cuddled up tight in our sleeping bags. It was so cold that the girls zipped their bags up so tight that all you could see were their eyes. I woke up several times during the night to make sure they could still breath and were still alive. I might of had a few panic attacks over this. But it soon ended, because our sleeping bags hold in so much heat that the girls climbed out of them half way through the night from sweating so much.
The next day we spent hanging out by the fire, playing games, and riding our bikes on the trails. Gabriella is such a Daddy's girl. I love this picture of her snuggling by him and rubbing her little feet together to get the warm by the fire.
Its so cute I had to take 2 shots. I just love them....so adorable.
The highlight of the whole weekend was that Isabel learned how to ride her bike with out training wheels. Nobody even taught her how. She just picked up one of her cousin's bikes and started riding it. I looked over and was like WHAT? How did she just pick up a bike and start riding it? I was so proud.
I'm sure that it is because she is 6 and is overdue to be riding a bike. Dad is always gone and I never wanted to put the time and effort into teaching her myself. She would always see her friends ride their bikes and ask me to take her wheels off, but I never did. Well, I guess it was a good wait, because she rode it with no problem and never had to be afraid of falling down.
Like all things, everything must come to an end. The kids of course could stay forever, but we made them say their good-byes. Isabel fell in love with our friend's little girl, Savannah. Aren't they so cute together?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like it was a fun time, and WAY TO GO Isabel!!!!!!!
Weeelllllllll...I'm worse than you...Noah is 8 and still doesn't know how to ride a bike. It's kind of hard to learn if he never gets to go outside and try! Yes, give me the Mommy Dearest Award!
Post a Comment