Saturday, January 30, 2010

Farewell Daddy

Dad has been gone now for 1 month and 2 days. He has finally emailed me the farewell pictures so now I can post about it.I thought it would be good for the kids to have something that they could do while Dad was gone. We made a paper chain link countdown 128 days... 94 days to go! The kids fight over who gets to take the link off each day. One last family shot before he left
We had to drop him off on base at 7 in the morning. I had known about him deploying for 8 months, but it didn't hit me until we had to drop him off. Of course thats when the flood gates opened. All of my emotions seemed to come to the surface. I tried to hold it in, because as I looked around nobody else was crying but me. Everybody else was laughing, cutting up, having a good ol' time. I couldn't be the only one crying, so I choked it up and just shed a few tears. Not the whole flood. We stayed at the airport for about an hour and then we left.

My last view of Dad....Make us PROUD!!!


It was really strange. That whole morning seemed to be chaotic. I didn't know what I was going to do. How was I going to handle everything? I had much unsurity, and not much self confidence, but as soon as Dad left, it hit me. Its one of those "Flight or Fight" moments. As I sat in the car cranking the engine up a calmness came over me. My whole body relaxed. I felt so warm. It literally felt like somebody was giving me the most comforting, loving hug ever. I knew exactly what I needed to do. With the world surrounding me with chaos all I wanted to do was sit there and soak up all of the warm fuzzy feelings. I didn't want to move. I didn't want the feeling to go away. I mean, who doesn't want to feel peace, safe, love, comfort...? Sorry, it is bringing all the feelings back again by talking about it. Let me get a tissue...

Don't you just love the spirit? I know that what I felt was my Heavenly Father. I had asked Anthony to give me a blessing for comfort and strength before he left. This was an answer to my prayers. I am so thankful to be able to have the priesthood in my life and in my home. Our family is blessed in many ways by having a Father/Husband who is worthy to uphold his priesthood duties. I love being able to have the Holy Ghost in my life. Not only having him, but recognizing when he is near. It is a sure sign that my Heavenly Father is real and he Loves ME!

3 comments:

Nicia said...

Thanks for posting that. It brought a tear to my eye. What a sweet moment to share with your Heavenly Father.

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us all. It always helps to strengthen others when you bear your testimony - even through a blog post :) You'll be in my prayers over the coming months. Miss you!

Leigh This Way said...

Wow! I don't think I could ever handle it. I was away from Preston for the weekend and that was hard and I didn't have any kids to take care of. Y'all are in our prayers!