While I have the time I wanted to update everybody on our house situation. We were suppose to close 2 weeks ago, but have ran into some problems. When we went to our Final Walk Through on the house I noticed we had a big green box in our front yard. I asked them what it was and it was the power transformer. I wouldn't of had a problem with it being in my yard if I hadn't bought a "premium lot" I paid and extra $6,000 to have a premium lot, and having a Big Green Transformer box in your front yard is not premium.
Pretty much I told the builders that I was not going to pay the $6000 for my lot. We got in a big argument and they would not come off the price. I told them I was not going to close until we got this settled. Then they threatened to sue me if I didn't show up to closing. I was soooo mad. After they give me a big stink about not showing up to closing, come to find out the appraisal guy hasn't even turned in the paper work. We couldn't close even if we wanted to. The Appraiser finally turned in the paper work last Friday and guess what. Yeah, the house came in at $6,000 under what the asking price of the house was.
Now, back to the negotiating table. The builders finally came back and said that they would come off the price and give me the $6000 off. Don't you think it is a little funny that the house was under what we were trying to get off the price in the first place. Ugh. Anyways, I think we have it all figured out and we should be closing this Friday. Fingers Crossed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck! I hope things go well.
Post a Comment