Friday, May 22, 2009

Old Fart

Yes, I can't believe another year has past. I am now 25 years old. I don't know what it is about this birthday, but I feel so old. All my other birthdays I've just been like, yeah another birthday...yada yada yada. But this one I'm really feeling it. Its like this is a mile marker. Ding, Ding, Ding you are half way to 30!

My birthday has been kind of boring, but relaxing. Dad had to go up to PA to help a friend out and he took Isabel and Anthony with him. It has just been me and Gabriella. I thought I would enjoy the peace and quite, but I'm not. As soon as they left I was like, Crap! What am I going to do now? I woke up, didn't have to cook anybody breakfast, haven't had to play any kid games, no yelling, no cleaning up spills and messes. I don't know what to do with myself. I have been completely bored. I thought this is exactly what I wanted, but I have come to realize that my kids are my life and I can't live with out them. I am like a lost puppy trying to find his way back home. I have realized what I really want is quality family time. With EVERYBODY there! That would be a blissfull moment.

6 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Sorry that your birthday wasn't what you expected. I guess its had to take time off from being a mom! :)

Marie said...

Sorry you aren't with your family, but happy birthday anyway!!! You know, if you feel old at 25, what does that make the rest of us? I hate to say it, but since Peter's deployed and I know there is no hope of him returning home tomorrow for good "quality" family time, I would almost kill for my kids to go spend some time somewhere for a day or even just a few hours. Funny how circumstances make for different wishes from different people!! ;) Take care!

Jayci said...

you are such a wonderful mother! :) Happy 25!!

Heather said...

At least our husbands are older than us. They'll be 30 before we will. At least we can pick on them for a few more years.

Marina said...

I hope you had a relaxing time, despite the fact you were bored! I miss you! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful brithday. Love, KateLynn