Friday, January 2, 2009

Santa CAME!

Christmas day we get a phone call early in the morning. When I say early I mean EARLY! My sister, Delia, calls at 5:30am asking how our Christmas was. What? Everybody knows my kids and I sleep in. What was she thinking? We are not morning people. Well, she decides to come over with all of her kids to come get us up. They came running in about 6:30am waking us all up screaming Santa Came! Santa Came! My kids slowly rolled out of bed until... they saw the presents and then they started ripping them open. I do have to say I am glad that Delia's family came over, because they cooked us a big, tasteful, breakfast. Pancakes! Eggs! Bacon! Sausage! Yum. I guess she made up for getting us up at the crack of dawn.Isabel with her gifts.
She was so excited. After tearing through her gifts she helped everybody else open theirs. She said her new tent is a GIRLS only. No BOYS allowed!!!
Anthony with his gifts.
He didn't know what to think about his drum set at first. Until we made him hit one of them. His eyes got really big, and every time he hit the drum set again the BIGGER his eyes got. It was so hilarious. All of us were laughing so hard.
Gabriella with her gifts
What can I say about Gabriella. She thought the blanket that Santa made her was pretty comfy.

As for the parents gifts... I made Dad a book of his pilot graduation day. It was filled with wonderful pictures of the glorious day. Also, it had his flight squadron pictures so he can remember all of his buddies. He was really surprised I made him it, and its something he is going to treasure forever

Dad got me things I have been wanting for a really long time. A digital photo frame, and the book series The Great & Terrible, written by Chris Stewart. You know these books have to be good, because I NEVER read. When Frankie was living here he talked about how good the book was. I decided what the heck I'll give it a try. I read the book in 3 days. Thats right. Then he decided to move back to Vegas and left me stranded with out the other 5 books that was in the series. I was just hanging. Until.... my hubby got me the books for Christmas. He's so good. He said he made a mistake, because I haven't put the books down. I've already finished the 2nd book and on to the 3rd. He should have given me the books right when he was leaving to go back to OK.

5 comments:

Marie said...

That picture of Anthony with his new drums is ADORABLE!! The kids are getting so big - looks like Santa was good to them. Happy New Year!!!

Marina said...

The kids look SO cute! Sorry I missed the excitement and breakfast.

Frankie told me about that book series. He's been trying to get me to read them. Haven't had time, though.

Your treats look yummy!

House of Squitty said...

You always have the cutest pictures. Anthony looks so excited about his drumset, I guess Santa knows best. ;) Gabriella is such a little chunk, she is adorable.

Anonymous said...

you guys are the greatest, too bad I'm stuck here in Altus. I really miss you guys. You need to come out here, seriously I'm going nuts already.

kris said...

Thanks for the heads up on those books! i am going to check them out! Hope you guys are doing well! I love the picture of Anthony with the drums, how cute!!