Saturday, December 6, 2008

Black Friday



It is a tradition for us to camp out in the lines on Black Friday. This year we chose to camp out at Office Depot for a lap top. We got there at 8pm the night before and stayed until it opened at 6am. We were 6th in line. There was an Indian family in front of us. I won't go on and on about this story. So to make this short. The owner came out and starting passing out the tickets for the big ticketed sale items. There was 15 of the lap tops that we wanted, but some how by the time it got to us he didn't have any more to give out. Remember I said I was the 6th person in line. I was confused, b/c it was suppose to be one item per house hold, but some how 15 laptops got passed out to 5 people and it was all one family. The manager gave tickets to a 10 year old boy, the 14 year old girl, the mom, the dad, the grandma & the grandpa. It cause a huge outroar in the line. The Mexican family that was behind us was seriously upset and started cussing the Indian family out. I really thought that there was going to be a fight and somebody was going to get shot. I was so scared. After they exchanged a lot of dirty words the teenage Mexican boy snatched one of the tickets away from the Indian 10 year old boy. He said he didn't stand in line all night for nothing and he was getting what he wanted! We just left the store and will never give Office Depot our bussiness again.
Never in my day have I seen people been so rude. First of all for that Indian family to be so selfish to take ALL of the laptops, knowing that there were other people who really wanted them and needed them. And then for the manager to even allow that to happen was ridicules. If I was that Indian family and some body pleaded their case to me on why they needed the laptop and me knowing that I was getting 15 of them for my one family I would have been graciously to give the family one. But they didn't. They didn't even say anything. They just stood there like they earned it and had the right, and since the manager and the worker were doing anything about it, it made them stand their ground even more.


It was very frustrating.


After that my sister and I went to the outlet malls and did a little shopping. It was so cold and windy.

4 comments:

Marina said...

Okay, BF is NOT my thing and this is just a testament of why I hate it. I much prefer to stay home and decorate.

It's amazing to me to see how little respect people have for each other. It's very sad!

Leigh This Way said...

You're crazy! I did black friday once and have had to work retail during it twice and never will I go out into that madness every again!

Angel said...

Dang girl, me and Tiff would've thrown down! I'm surprised Ant didn't say anything. That's good justice not going back again though.

Amy said...

People can be so wierd about things. That just shows me their attention really isn't focused on what Christmas is really all about. So sad for them.