Yesterday, Dad got served breakfast in bed. Then we got surprised by the BX workers. They came knocking on our door saying we won the Father's Day Gift Drawing. I had submitted Dad's name the day before. Dad was totally shocked when I came running to him saying he won. He was like, "Won What?" He didn't know I put his name in, but I just kept saying "You Won! You Won!" He thought I was crazy. They took our family picture which will probably be in the base paper next week or somewhere. I'll have to keep a look out for it. Dad really needed a little pick me up, so this was good. In the package was some candy, a screwdriver, 2 gift cards (1 to the BX and 1 to Blockbuster), and then some packages of popcorn. I guess to go along with the Blockbuster gift card. Anyways, I thought that was pretty neat.
Then today for Father's Day since Chili's is Anthony's Flight Squadron Sponsors they had his whole flight come out there for Dinner. It was a nice FREE dinner and little get together before everybody has to split and go do their next assignments. Thank You Chili's! We enjoyed our selves.Overall I guess you can't go wrong starting your day off with breakfast in bed, winning a Father's Day drawing, & then ending it with a free dinner.
Oh yes, and I am trying some different hair styles out for this big Graduation Dinner coming up in 2 weeks. I've never curled my own hair before. That is what older sisters were always for, but since they are no where to be found I had to go out and be me a set of curlers. I guess I was suppose to put some gel or something in my hair before hand to keep the curls in, because all of the curls fell out in like 30 minutes. I'm just going to have to try again. I have 2 weeks to figure it out. Wish me luck
6 comments:
I could nEVER do curlers there. Same problem; I'm thinking humidity. So let me know if gel works. Good luck in the next two weeks figuring it out!
Wow, I've never won anything, and that's not for a lack of trying (unless you count guessing the number of jellybeans in a baby bottle - that's too easy!). Congrats on winning the gift from the BX. That's cool that Chili's was your class sponsor and they fed you for free!!! You'll have to show us what you end up doing with your hair, good luck figuring it out!! I wish I could just have a hairstyle. Mine won't do anything.
Congrats to Anthony for the big win :) I've never had much success w/ the curlers either, but have w/ a regular ol curling iron. It's really bad for your hair, but I've used either reg. gel like you said or spray gel (I prefer) - grab a piece of hair & spray it - comb it through the ends and then wrap it in the ht curling iron. Whalla - you have a perfect ringlet. Good luck what ever you decide to do! Let me know if you need to barrow anything or if you need help getting ready.
les
Congrats to Anthony for the big win :) I've never had much success w/ the curlers either, but have w/ a regular ol curling iron. It's really bad for your hair, but I've used either reg. gel like you said or spray gel (I prefer) - grab a piece of hair & spray it - comb it through the ends and then wrap it in the ht curling iron. Whalla - you have a perfect ringlet. Good luck what ever you decide to do! Let me know if you need to barrow anything or if you need help getting ready.
les
Glad to see things are looking up!
Let me recommend a movie for your blockbuster card: August Rush. We watched it Saturday night and it was awesome! Lil'Frankie says it ranks amongst his favorites now. Even Mom liked it, which says a lot. You know she never likes movies.
That is so neat that Anthony won the drawing! I don't think Daniel or I have ever won anything! You look so cute! Good luck with Graduation and congrats!
Post a Comment