Well, basically graduation was set up in 2 days. The first Day's aggenda was: flying in the simulators, Flag Retreat, and Reception for the graduates and guests (where they gave out some awards/plauqes thanking their instructors.) Then the 2nd Day's aggenda was: Breakfast, Graduation Cermony(the actual diploma & wing pinning), Bus tour of the training facilities, & last but not least the dinner.
Sorry, I am posting so many pictures, but I plan on making my blog into a book one day and I definitely want to remember this day.
Day 1
Dad reserved us a spot to fly in the T-1 simulators. It was pretty cool. He said out of everybody flying Isabel flew the best.
Anthony didn't like it at first, but once we stood him up where he could see the screen he was in love with it then. He kept jerking on the handle and squelling. He was so cute.
Dad taught us how to fly the T-1 in the simulator. It was really hard. I don't see how they do it. There is too many things to look at and remember.
08-11 Flight Squadron standing at attention for the Flag Ceremony. Dad is in the middle of the first row. You can really tell that pilots don't do much of this. A lot of them screwed up the solutes and their turn arounds. Including Dad. None of them were together. I guess they were made to fly not to march.
To honor our men they had the 3 training planes that they have at Laughlin AFB to fly over the flag. The T-6, T-1, T-38. Dad has flown the first 2 planes.
Dad's parents showing their support at the Flag Retreat
Our family at the Flag Retreat Ceremony.Day 2
Colonial Doucette, the wing comander, honoring Dad with his diploma and wings. Col. Doucette was very nice. He told everybody that he would stop and wait after each persons name was called, so family members could come to the front and take a good picture. He said we had waited too long and hard to not get a good picture of a moment like this. And I'll be darn if after everybody waited on me to waddle my fat pregnant butt up the isle to get a picture, if the picture didn't turn out blurry. The one chance I get and I get a blurry one. UGH!
Anthony and Isabel fighting over Dad's wings
Isabel was the lucky person who got to pin on Daddy's wings.
Our first picture together with him sporting his wings.
We are such a good looking couple I had to post 2 of them up
The newest Air Force Pilot family.
Dad and his Mom. She couldn't be prouder.
Dad and his high school buddy, Sebastian. Dad was very pleased to have his friend come fly in to see him graduate and get his wings. We have enjoyed his company. Thanks Sebastian
As much as Dad complained about the T-1, I think deep down he really did like flying it. He is going to miss it.
They had a T-1 opened up for everybody to go in and take a look at. Isabel was the first one in it.
Look at all of those buttons & gauges! Isabel was totally in love with the plane. I think she is going to be a pilot when she grows up
Anthony wouldn't ever look at the camera. He was too amused by all of the buttons, and the stearing wheel. Or whatever the thing is called.
Ok...well...I had a beautiful gown that I had bought to wear to this banquet 3 weeks ago. I thought that I would be able to wear it. Who was I fooling. I went to go put it on the day before the dinner and I couldn't zip the dress up. I felt so fat. Stupid pregnancies ruin everything. I was so excited to get dressed up for the occasion too, but I couldn't. I had to end up wearing just a regular church dress. What a bummer.
Proudly supporting my husband at the Graduation Dinner. Thanks Grammpy & Grammy for watching the kids for us.
Graduating class of 08-11. Sorry this was kind of blurry.
The flight class totally surprised me! They called up all of the spouses (only 3) to come to the front. They wanted to show their appreciation for all of our sacrifices that we gave to the class as well. Spending many hours by ourselves, helping them study, or hearing our husbands complain & having to comfort them. I started to get a little teary eyed. I don't know if it was pregnancy hormones kicking in or if I was really shocked and appreciative of their kindness.
He had to sneak in a kiss
Dad and his friend, Sebastian, goofing off after the banquet. They were just pretend playing. Silly guys.
Since the Del Rio Winery was one of our sponsors they custom made some labels for our wine bottles on the banquet night. Of course we didn't drink any of them, but I had to take some home to keep for souvenirs. They have the 08-11 class patch with all their class information on them. It even includes all of his flight mate's names. How cool is that.
8 comments:
Congratulations Anthony! That is a huge accomplishment and I am sure its a big relief to be done! Liz Ann you look so cute in the pictures!
It sounds like y'all had a wonderful couple of days. I'm sorry we stole Papa away from being there. I think he would have really enjoyed all of the festivities. I know he's real proud of y'all. The pics are so cute with the kids in the planes. Everything looks awesome. I hope Anthony is feeling better.
Tell Anthony we said congratulations! That's such a wonderful accomplishment. I love the pics of the kiddos hangin' in the plane. I also like that you are finally (!) showing! Haha. The picture of you in the black and white dress is too cute!
Awww! He looks so good in his uniform, doesn't he Lizzy? Was his grad during Frankie's grad?
You got some great pics. You two look so cute in your formal wear!
congratulations, Anthony!! AND Liz Ann!! That is a wonderful day, for sure! You still looked beautiful in your church dress. Good thing we mormons always get dressed up on Sundays! Otherwise we'd have no backups! :) Congrats, again!
Angel,
No, Anthony's grad was like 2 weeks after Frankie's. Pop just couldn't afford to go to both.
And YES! I have always loved a guy in uniform.
HOORAY for graduating!! We're so excited for you! Come visit us in Nebraska sometime!!
Post a Comment