Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dr. Results

For all of you who were concerned or wanted to know about how the dr. visit went here it goes. I don't know why the lord has blessed me so much in my life, but I know he has had a big part in everything. It is like he has placed the right people at the right time for everything that has happened to me. I am so thankful. Well, the reason why I am saying all this is because as I sat down and talked to the dr. I found out that he had worked with the inutero surgery before. He had worked up in PA with the dr. that did my procedure. I was so shocked and amazed. I am very thankful to have a dr. here that has experience and knows all about what I have been through. We talked for an 1 1/2 hrs about everything. He told me so much I can't remember it all. There still are a lot of risk, but he thinks I will be fine. I was planning on moving back to SC, but now that I have found a dr. that I really like and he knows all about my procedure I am definitely staying here in TX. It still blows my mind that only 3 cities in the world have done the procedure that I had to have, and some how we get stationed to an area where there is a dr. who has worked with one of those hospitals. He had actually worked with the dr. and patients doing the inutero procedure before it had even became a study. Wow! I'm amazed.

PS: Sorry after blabbing on about how good the dr. was I forgot to talk about the baby. I am 8wks 3days. They won't be able to tell anymore information right now, b/c the baby is too small. I have to wait 2 more months to find out really good stuff, like where the baby is actually implanted. If it is on the scar then I will probably end up losing the baby. We will have to see. Thanks for all of your concerns and prayers.

Also he said what makes my situation so difficult is b/c when they had to go in and work on Anthony, they cut me horizontally on the surface, but on the inside they had to cut me vertically higher up on the fundus. This is a larger cut than normal and it goes up through a bigger, thicker, piece of muscle, weakening me tremendously. This part also doesn't heal as good. He said when he goes in to deliver this baby he won't go through the same cut. He said it is too dangerous to go through the same cut, cutting through that thick part of muscle again, so he would do a regular c-section down below. After I'm done having all of my kids my insides are going to look like a freaking checker board. Stupid kids...jk. They are definitely worth it all.

5 comments:

kris said...

That is incredible you ended up having that doctor! The Lord really knows what He is doing doesn't He? I am glad things are working out. I know it probably seems scary, but I still remember you talking to me about how you wanted a baby and then felt like you were supposed to, and then those feelings were confirmed in the Temple, and then you found out you were pregnant. Seems like to many "coincidences" to me. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and your baby is healthy. You are a great mom. I'll be thinking about you! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Beth said...

Wow! Isn't is amazing how the Lord blesses us and is aware of all our needs?! We are glad that you are staying here too! We would miss you. Good luck with everything.

Jayci said...

So great that you have a doctor that has worked with your previous doctor and has done those procedures - what a miracle!! You are definatley blessed.

I hope everything keeps going as well as THAT! :) You are awesome, Liz Ann!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

OH my goodness, I'm so happy for you! What a blessing! I'm so happy things are working out for you. Miss you!

The Olsen's said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I am always shocked when I realize thet Heavenly Father knows more about our bodies than us...even more than our DR's. So if you felt inspired I am sure he will prepare a way for you to follow his directions and it looks like he already is. I read some of your back posts and am so thrilled you guys got sealed, and sad that Anthony broke his finger, but I understand cause when Pete broke his he was DNF for 2 months...it was okay because it was the same time I was having Meg, so it work out perfectly. Do you want a boy or a girl?