Saturday, December 1, 2007

What's Been Going On

The story of the advent calendar. It all started on a Thursday when we were suppose to meet at the church to make these beautiful calendars. I stopped by Wal Mart before I went there, and as I was shopping all of the lights went out. It was pretty scary. I thought it was just Wal Mart's lights that went out, but after I checked out and went to my car everything was out. The mall lights were out, all street lights were out, even the traffic lights were out. The whole town had a black out. I still went to the church hoping that their lights would still be on, but oh no, they weren't. We waited there for an hour to see if the lights would ever come back on, but they didn't. That is when Chelsea decided to let all of us come to her house to make these calendars. We got to her house at 7:30 and didn't leave until midnight. We still didn't finish the calendars either. I worked on my calendar for another 3 hrs. the next day to finally finish it up. I went shopping and bought small candies to go inside each canister to count down the days until Christmas. I also wrote on the bottom of each tin can what verses to read of the Christmas story from the Bible. So by the time Christmas comes we will know the true meaning of Christmas, and know the story of the birth of Christ. (I still can't believe this calendar took 8 hrs to make. I can't even imagine how much time it would have took if Marie hadn't of been so kind and already cut all of the paper for us. What a life saver!)
This morning Santa came to town, to the Laughlin BX to be exact. Isabel loved seeing him, but Anthony didn't care to much for Santa. As soon as he sat on his lap he took one look at Santa and freaked out. Oh well. This picture didn't turn out to good. The ones that the people took turned out better, but I can't scan it in, b/c our scanner is broken right now:-( Sorry.

After we took pictures with Santa we went home. To our surprise Isabel turned on our gas stove before we left the house with out us knowing. So gas had been leaking in the house for 2 hrs. We got the kids out fast, opened up all the windows, and left. We decided to go to Avanti's while the house aired out. While we were there Dad worked on building the bar some more. Anthony thought he would help Dad out and learn some tricks of the trade. Watch out Anthony don't cut your hands off. Just kidding Dad put the blade down before he got up there. Gosh what kind of parents do you think we are?

Last, but not least, we ate dinner at the Civic Center tonight. They had a Wild Game Dinner. It was pretty nice. We ate some exotic animal, I can't remember what it was called but it was good. Most of the stuff was normal though, like deer meet, wild hog & turkey. I was such a fat cow. Out of Anthony's flight class I was the only one who ate 2 full plates. It was so good. My favorite was the wild hog. It was sweet and tasty. They had a 100 guns, and a lot of other great things they were raffling off. We didn't win anything, but we still had fun. I'm glad that Anthony's flight class sponsors paid for our tickets. I just love free meals.

2 comments:

Jayci said...

you are SO funny. I loved reading this post. I think I read like 4 parts out loud to Mark. :)

That calendar is really cute! WHY did i have to miss THAT craft?! dern.

Anthony looks so mad/sad/worried in that Santa picture. I don't think I'd ever seen that little guy cry - how sad!!

That wild game dinner sounds scruptious! mmmmm I love meat. :o|

Marie said...

I love your calendar - sorry it took you so long!!!! Let me know if you have any "problems" with it - the original creator (a SU! lady named Beate) gave all the supplies in a tutorial, and some of the girls are having problems with the little scalloped circles sticking to the tins. I want them to work!!!!! After all the time everyone put in to them, they sure better! ;) I left a message on your phone today, hopefully you'll get it. As for the gas in your house, that's SCARY!!! Glad nothing happened. Take care!