Well, I was in charge of fixing the ham. I woke up at 6:30 this morning to put the ham in the oven, so it could cook all day. In the mean time I made this lovely Brownie Christmas Tree. After cooking the ham for 8 hrs at 275* I opened the roaster lid to see how juicy
and tender it was. To my surprise this ham was white. I thought to myself, oh my gosh, what is wrong with this ham. I thought ham was suppose to be pink. Then Rachel Wynn was like, Liz Ann this is not a ham. That is PORK ROAST! Oops! What a dork. I felt so stupid. I had prepared it like it was a ham. I poured half a bottle of maple syrup all around the stupid thing. We had to think fast, it was only 30 min. until the party started. Luckily my husband was close by, and was able to bring some seasonings. Finally we got it all situated and that "ham" turned out pretty good. Next time you make a pork roast remember that pancake syrup is the secret ingredient ;-) The sisters in the ward are never going to let me live this one down.
Anyways, besides that little misshap the activity turned out great. All of the food was excellent, and the musical numbers that the sisters preformed were beautiful. Beth Bernards had me crying with "O Holy Night". I had chills running all over me. It was very powerful
1 comment:
AH! THat is too funny. :) I can hear Rachael in my head say that and I'm laughing! You girls are crazy! I'm glad the evening was so much fun, I bet that musical number was gorgeous. Thanks for making me miss you guys EVEN MORE!!!
Post a Comment